If you have a suggestion box all the time, the novelty will wear off, and no one will contribute. Instead, keep your suggestion box out for only a short time — perhaps two weeks at a time, once or twice a year. Call these periods “Project Brainstorm.”
As part of the project, have a team which will consider and take quick action on the best ideas for improving customer service, saving money or increasing efficiency. Recognize those who provide winning ideas. (Maybe the best gets a $50 gift certificate to a neighboring business — and perhaps that business can offer eyewear gift certificates in return.)
Latest Best of Eyecare Stories
- Meet the Pint-Sized Do-Gooder Working to Help the Children of Oregon See Better
- 6 Back-to-School Marketing Campaigns Worth Studying
- California Optician Creates a Signature Advertising Style
- This Independent ECP Keeps It PC (Pro-Community!) Near D.C.
- Maryland Optician Makes the Most of Its Expansive Front Window Space