Gogosha Optique, Los Angeles, CA
If you haven’t heard of Julia Gogosha you probably need to get out more. An indie eyewear darling, she established Gogosha Optique in 2008 after working for others on the rep and retail side. A busy #girlboss who pursues a number of ways to stay sane, she knows the secret to life is just showing up. Recently at The Loft NYC party, she buzz-cut her head for charity. Recruited by Scott Balesteri of Bad Ass Optical Lab and joined by Richard Berliner of J.F. Rey, the trio raised about $8,500 for St. Baldrick’s, a non-profit that raises money for children’s cancer research. “Shaving my head was a whim that [Scott] turned into a purpose,” she says. “I just helped get the word out and showed up.”
This article originally appeared in the May 2017 edition of INVISION.
Latest Fun Stories
- 20 Things You Wish You Could Say (But Probably Never Would Say) To Your Clients
- What I Really Should Have Said to the Customer Who Kept Trying on Sample Contact Lenses
- Cartoon: Sometimes Dry Eye Really Is This Annoying
- What Is Art? It's Not Always Clear ...
- One Quick Question: Do You Talk Politics With Patients and Customers?