An elderly client came in to pick up her eyeglasses — but she must have thought that we had a drive-thru service because she proceeded to plow her car through my storefront, barely missing a young family that was seated in our waiting room. We helped her into the store and seated her in our lab area. In the midst of the chaos that ensued with firefighters, EMTs and building inspectors crowded into my store, she looked at me and said, “Well, are you going to fit my eyeglasses or what?”
Kate Giroux, MacPherson Opticians, Arlington, VA
This article originally appeared in the October 2015 edition of INVISION.
Latest Fun Stories
- Cartoon: What If Movie Characters Had Poor Eyesight? (The Great Escape)
- Cartoon: A Remarkably Accurate Self-Diagnosis ...
- 12 Snarky Things That Eyecare People Have Said in Their Heads (But Not Out Loud)
- This Ohio Manager’s Super-Skill? Ensuring Staff Members Feel Appreciated
- Customers Who Made Us Go 'Ugh'