It was a busy Friday. All day, we kept hearing beating and banging on the walls, and we assumed it was coming from the pet store next to us in the strip mall. The last 10 minutes of the day I’m in the exam room with a patient, and the staff start screaming for me to come out. The office was filled with smoke! The banging we’d been hearing all day was the heating unit on the roof and it had caught on fire! We got everyone out of the office and the fire department came and saved the day. The last patients of the day still wanted to look around, but we advised against it. Worst part? We had no heat, and it was January in Ohio. So the next day we purchased space heaters to keep our patients warm. — Cynthia Sayers, OD, EyeShop Optical, Lewis Center, OH
This article originally appeared in the November 2016 edition of INVISION.
Latest Fun Stories
- What I Wanted to Tell the Charity Auction-Winning Customers Who Created Chaos in My Store
- She Said She Didn't Back Her Car Into My Building, But Her Demonstration Indicated Otherwise
- For This Colorado OD Sanity is Found in the Simple Things
- 18 Crazy Excuses That Patients Gave for Breaking or Losing Their Glasses
- If You're Gonna Steal, At Least Take the Good Stuff!
Hear What the Industry Thinks About the Ultimate Lens Package by Essilor
Eye care professionals, patients, and Essilor sales consultants shared their feedback on the Ultimate Lens Package. Watch to see why they believe the innovation behind the lens can make the difference for your practice and for your patients. For more information on the Ultimate Lens Package, contact an Essilor Sales Consultant or click here.