I had a bad Yelp review that said that I was “offal” — an obvious typo. But it brought in a few foodie patients who thought the one-star review was hilarious. Yeah. Love this job! Tanya Gill, OD, Oakland Vision Center Optometry, Oakland, CA
I had a gentleman come in one time saying all he needed was new nose pads. His frame was absolutely filthy, so I thought I would put it in the ultrasonic cleaner and get them spiffed up for him. Then I replaced the nose pads. At the time, we charged $5 for new nose pads, so I told him how much it was and he paid me and thanked me for replacing them. He walked outside to his car, sat there a minute, then stormed back into the office and yelled at me. He said the glasses were not his and I had switched them. He wanted his pads back and a refund. I tried to tell him they were his glasses but he didn’t believe me. I put his old nose pads back on, refunded his money and he left. He continued to yell the whole time he was walking out the door at other patients about how they had to watch me because I had switched his glasses. He said it would be a cold day in hell before he would come in again. Martha Davenport, Longe Optical, Kendallville, IN
This article originally appeared in the March 2017 edition of INVISION.
Latest Fun Stories
- 15 Insanely Frustrating Things That Eyecare Patients Really Said
- You'll Totally Understand How Frustrated This ECP Was With the Parents Who Wouldn't Buy Their Kid Glasses
- At Times Like These, Best Just to Bite Your Tongue...
- Cartoon: What If Movie Characters Had Poor Eyesight? (The Great Escape)
- Cartoon: A Remarkably Accurate Self-Diagnosis ...