A gentleman walks into our practice.
Receptionist: “Good morning! Welcome to Buena Vista Optical. Do you have an appointment?”
Gentleman: “No, I do not. Do you take walk-ins?”
Receptionist: “Sure! Will you be using any type of insurance?”
Gentleman: “What? I need insurance to get a haircut? What kind of a hair salon are you guys running if I need to have insurance to get a haircut?”
Receptionist: “Ummm, sir, this is an eye doctor office. See all the eyewear? Maybe you need to make an appointment?”
Gentleman: “You know what? You are right! I cannot see a darn thing! Might as well get my eyes checked and postpone the haircut.”
Diana Sims, Buena Vista Optical, Chicago, IL
This article originally appeared in the March 2015 edition of INVISION.
Latest Fun Stories
- What I Wanted to Tell the Charity Auction-Winning Customers Who Created Chaos in My Store
- She Said She Didn't Back Her Car Into My Building, But Her Demonstration Indicated Otherwise
- For This Colorado OD Sanity is Found in the Simple Things
- 18 Crazy Excuses That Patients Gave for Breaking or Losing Their Glasses
- If You're Gonna Steal, At Least Take the Good Stuff!
Hear What the Industry Thinks About the Ultimate Lens Package by Essilor
Eye care professionals, patients, and Essilor sales consultants shared their feedback on the Ultimate Lens Package. Watch to see why they believe the innovation behind the lens can make the difference for your practice and for your patients. For more information on the Ultimate Lens Package, contact an Essilor Sales Consultant or click here.