I had a patient in with a very dirty forehead. In fact, it looked like someone was playing a joke on him and had put dirt on the forehead rest of our topo/auto-refractor. In fact, it was my second patient in a row that had the same sort of smudge. I nonchalantly pulled out an alcohol prep, wiped the smudge off the surprised patient (a 46-year-old, conservatively dressed male) and said “You had some dirt on your forehead. I just thought I’d wipe it off before we begin.” He had a surprised look on his face then, smiling, replied back “It’s actually ash because it’s Ash Wednesday. In fact, I’m a priest and heading to a Mass right after my exam today.” Dr. Greg Evans, Evans Eyecare, Palm Desert, CA
This article originally appeared in the May 2015 edition of INVISION.
Latest Fun Stories
- What I Wanted to Tell the Charity Auction-Winning Customers Who Created Chaos in My Store
- She Said She Didn't Back Her Car Into My Building, But Her Demonstration Indicated Otherwise
- For This Colorado OD Sanity is Found in the Simple Things
- 18 Crazy Excuses That Patients Gave for Breaking or Losing Their Glasses
- If You're Gonna Steal, At Least Take the Good Stuff!
Hear What the Industry Thinks About the Ultimate Lens Package by Essilor
Eye care professionals, patients, and Essilor sales consultants shared their feedback on the Ultimate Lens Package. Watch to see why they believe the innovation behind the lens can make the difference for your practice and for your patients. For more information on the Ultimate Lens Package, contact an Essilor Sales Consultant or click here.