Legislation for medical marijuana is being explored in more and more states. What’s your stance on its use in the treatment of various eye conditions?
I think it’s a fantastic option for reducing eye pressure in glaucoma and would prescribe if able.
I need to do more research but the studies into its use to treat eye diseases sound compelling.
I’m open to it.
Medical marijuana has its uses, but there are better treatments for eye diseases than pot.
Our survey shows many of you would consider using medical marijuana to treat ocular disease. Look for our coverage of medical marijuana in the optical industry in next month’s issue of INVISION.
This article originally appeared in the March 2017 edition of INVISION.
What's the Brain Squad?
If you're the owner or top manager of a U.S. eyecare business serving the public, you're invited to join the INVISION Brain Squad. By taking one five-minute quiz a month, you can get a free t-shirt, be featured prominently in this magazine, and make your voice heard on key issues affecting eyecare professionals. Good deal, right? Sign up here.
Latest Fun Stories
- Cartoon: What If Movie Characters Had Poor Eyesight? (Star Wars)
- Cartoon: What If Movie Characters Had Poor Eyesight? (Harry Potter)
- Cartoon: What If Movie Characters Had Poor Eyesight? (Jurassic Park)
- Cartoon: What If Movie Characters Had Poor Eyesight? (Indiana Jones)
- What I Want To Say to All Those Customers Who Ask Me About Religion