It’s nearly impossible to avoid politics these days. What’s your philosophy on discussing the current political environment with patients and customers?
It’s important to have healthy discussion regardless of your views.
I’ll talk current events, but I won’t divulge my personal opinions.
Only if I think they agree with my political views.
I try to avoid it at all costs because I am so passionate about my views I don’t want to alienate customers who may disagree.
I follow the old adage: Never discuss sex, politics or religion.
This article originally appeared in the April 2017 edition of INVISION.
What's the Brain Squad?
If you're the owner or top manager of a U.S. eyecare business serving the public, you're invited to join the INVISION Brain Squad. By taking one five-minute quiz a month, you can get a free t-shirt, be featured prominently in this magazine, and make your voice heard on key issues affecting eyecare professionals. Good deal, right? Sign up here.
Latest Fun Stories
- Cartoon: What If Movie Characters Had Poor Eyesight? (Star Wars)
- Cartoon: What If Movie Characters Had Poor Eyesight? (Harry Potter)
- Cartoon: What If Movie Characters Had Poor Eyesight? (Jurassic Park)
- Cartoon: What If Movie Characters Had Poor Eyesight? (Indiana Jones)
- What I Want To Say to All Those Customers Who Ask Me About Religion