Community rallies to pop the lenses out of 14,000 pair in four days.
The art team of Caitlind r.c. Brown and Wayne Garrett had an idea for a commission in Istanbul involving 14,000 pairs of cast-off eyeglasses lenses. Once the pair had collected the glasses, however, Turkish customs informed them that 14,000 pairs of frames were not going to be allowed into the country. The artists had four days to pop out all the lenses for shipping. "We had a few glasses-breaking parties where we got folks from the art community to come over and help us break them down,” says one of the pair.
The Latest Orbit Headlines
- Most Small Businesses Would Have No Idea What to Do If Hacked
- This Works Better Than Patching to Treat Lazy Eye, Scientists Say
- Opticians Association of America to Hold Conference in February
- It’s Way Easier to Get a Small-Business Loan These Days — But There’s a Catch
- Cheap Sunglasses Need Warning Labels, Insurer Says