A prototype is in the works.
VSP Global is developing a prototype for smart eyewear with a Bluetooth-enabled activity tracker. Reports the Wall Street Journal: “The eyeglasses include an accelerometer, a gyroscope and a magnetometer to track steps, calories burned, activity time and distance through sensors located in the earpiece of the frames.”
The Latest Orbit Headlines
- CEO Named for LVMH-Marcolin Joint Venture
- Opternative Files Suit Against Warby Parker
- Gymnastics World Champion Shows Just How Cool Eyeglasses Can Be
- Essilor Announces New Achievement on Path to Luxottica Merger
- Time to Boost Eyecare Efforts Amid 'New Era of Blindness and Visual Impairment,' Group Says