Vision Source leaders staying on; company will be managed independently
Major dealings in the eyecare business today. North America’s largest, independent optometric service alliance Vision Source announced today that it has entered into a definitive agreement to be acquired by Essilor. Vision Source will continue to be led and managed as an independent company by the current leadership team, which includes the company’s founder, Dr. Glenn Ellisor. Explaining the deal, Eric Leonard, President, Essilor of America said: “Our partnership with Vision Source is part of our overall strategy to offer ECPs choice in new and innovative solutions, business tools, services and products they need to enhance the patient experience." The acquisition remains subject to standard regulatory approvals.
The Latest Orbit Headlines
- 1-800 Contacts to Expand Into Rx Glasses with Acquisition
- Report: Luxottica-Essilor Deal to Get 'Unconditional' Approval in Europe
- Solar Eclipse Burns Crescent Shape Into Woman's Eye
- New Optometry School to Open Within 5 Years, Enroll 70 Students
- Eye Doctor Could Spend Decades in Prison for $100M Medicare Fraud