“I was happy and just laughing like crazy."
A Florida woman blinded for 16 years by retinitis pigmentosa “is now able to locate doors and windows, see sidewalks and buildings and watch the stars outside her home” thanks to a new bionic eye from the Bascom Palmer Eye Institute in Miami. "It's very emotional,” said Carmen Torres, following the procedure. “But I am very strong and I didn't cry. I was happy and just laughing like crazy."
The Latest Orbit Headlines
- Q&A: INVISION's Dee Carroll Talks About Eyewear Trends and the Buying Experience
- LVMH and Marcolin Are Planning a Major Deal, Report Says
- Bausch + Lomb Patent Was Violated, Court Finds
- Here's How Small-Business Owners Feel About Repealing Obamacare
- Luxottica-Essilor Deal Solves Key Issue for Founder