“I was happy and just laughing like crazy."
A Florida woman blinded for 16 years by retinitis pigmentosa “is now able to locate doors and windows, see sidewalks and buildings and watch the stars outside her home” thanks to a new bionic eye from the Bascom Palmer Eye Institute in Miami. "It's very emotional,” said Carmen Torres, following the procedure. “But I am very strong and I didn't cry. I was happy and just laughing like crazy."
The Latest Orbit Headlines
- Most Small Businesses Would Have No Idea What to Do If Hacked
- This Works Better Than Patching to Treat Lazy Eye, Scientists Say
- Opticians Association of America to Hold Conference in February
- It’s Way Easier to Get a Small-Business Loan These Days — But There’s a Catch
- Cheap Sunglasses Need Warning Labels, Insurer Says