She didn't want to part with her 40-year-old Ray Bans.
A London woman just wasn’t buying it when an optician’s sales associate told her to immediately get rid of her 40-year-old Ray-Bans because the Bausch & Lomb lenses were too old to protect her eyes from UV rays. “She advised me to … replace them with something expensive,” the woman wrote to a newspaper advice column. “Is she right, or just trying to blind me into another sale?” The question comes up fairly regularly on internet blog sites, where the consensus appears to be that UV coatings do not wear out, as rule, except on cheap models.
The Latest Orbit Headlines
- Most Small Businesses Would Have No Idea What to Do If Hacked
- This Works Better Than Patching to Treat Lazy Eye, Scientists Say
- Opticians Association of America to Hold Conference in February
- It’s Way Easier to Get a Small-Business Loan These Days — But There’s a Catch
- Cheap Sunglasses Need Warning Labels, Insurer Says