“Smart Mirror” technology is advancing on several fronts.
Among several recent developments in “smart mirror” technology for retail try-ons is a new sunglass app developed by a Seattle tech outfit named Smashing Ideas. Users can tap into some 10,000 different frame styles and see how they look from every angle. Gushes the article: "You can even move with the virtual eyeglasses, seeing how the pair looks from every angle." (The accompanying video is, indeed, pretty impressive.) Meanwhile, Panasonic continues its development of a larger-format smart mirror that could replace retail try-on rooms in department and fashion stores.
The Latest Orbit Headlines
- US Small Businesses Eye Expansion Despite Concerns About Economy
- National Sunglasses Day Is Almost Here
- The Stomach-Churning Truth About Counterfeit Contact Lenses
- Online Eye Tests 'Subvert Care,' AOA Says
- Varsity Healthcare Partners and Harvest Partners Announce Recapitalization of EyeCare Services Partners