“Smart Mirror” technology is advancing on several fronts.
Among several recent developments in “smart mirror” technology for retail try-ons is a new sunglass app developed by a Seattle tech outfit named Smashing Ideas. Users can tap into some 10,000 different frame styles and see how they look from every angle. Gushes the article: "You can even move with the virtual eyeglasses, seeing how the pair looks from every angle." (The accompanying video is, indeed, pretty impressive.) Meanwhile, Panasonic continues its development of a larger-format smart mirror that could replace retail try-on rooms in department and fashion stores.
The Latest Orbit Headlines
- Most Small Businesses Would Have No Idea What to Do If Hacked
- This Works Better Than Patching to Treat Lazy Eye, Scientists Say
- Opticians Association of America to Hold Conference in February
- It’s Way Easier to Get a Small-Business Loan These Days — But There’s a Catch
- Cheap Sunglasses Need Warning Labels, Insurer Says