From fishing nets to retired surfboards, you name it.
From bamboo to driftwood to urban salvage, frames made with alternative materials are having a moment. Add two new start-ups to the mix, one a Chilean-American company that’s seeking Kickstarter funding for a line of sunglasses made from recycled plastic fishing nets, which are ecologically harmful if left on the water. And a Jacksonville, FL entrepreneur won a local small business competition recently with his new line of sunglasses made from recycled surfboards.
The Latest Orbit Headlines
- US Small Businesses Eye Expansion Despite Concerns About Economy
- National Sunglasses Day Is Almost Here
- The Stomach-Churning Truth About Counterfeit Contact Lenses
- Online Eye Tests 'Subvert Care,' AOA Says
- Varsity Healthcare Partners and Harvest Partners Announce Recapitalization of EyeCare Services Partners