From fishing nets to retired surfboards, you name it.
From bamboo to driftwood to urban salvage, frames made with alternative materials are having a moment. Add two new start-ups to the mix, one a Chilean-American company that’s seeking Kickstarter funding for a line of sunglasses made from recycled plastic fishing nets, which are ecologically harmful if left on the water. And a Jacksonville, FL entrepreneur won a local small business competition recently with his new line of sunglasses made from recycled surfboards.
The Latest Orbit Headlines
- Q&A: INVISION's Dee Carroll Talks About Eyewear Trends and the Buying Experience
- LVMH and Marcolin Are Planning a Major Deal, Report Says
- Bausch + Lomb Patent Was Violated, Court Finds
- Here's How Small-Business Owners Feel About Repealing Obamacare
- Luxottica-Essilor Deal Solves Key Issue for Founder