Ad agency produces eyewear line inspired by typefaces.
A Japanese ad agency-turned-eyewear-designer is adding to its line of typeface-frames. The first offerings of their brand, called Type, were Garamond and Helvetica, in January 2014; this month, they added Bodoni, Times New Roman and American Typewriter. As one of the designers tells AdAge: “We kept looking at portraits of people wearing glasses and noticed that there is a certain tendency between their types of glasses and their avocations … And then one day we realized that glasses are actually very similar to fonts … Glasses express a personality the way a typeface expresses a message.”
The Latest Orbit Headlines
- Most Small Businesses Would Have No Idea What to Do If Hacked
- This Works Better Than Patching to Treat Lazy Eye, Scientists Say
- Opticians Association of America to Hold Conference in February
- It’s Way Easier to Get a Small-Business Loan These Days — But There’s a Catch
- Cheap Sunglasses Need Warning Labels, Insurer Says