Ad agency produces eyewear line inspired by typefaces.
A Japanese ad agency-turned-eyewear-designer is adding to its line of typeface-frames. The first offerings of their brand, called Type, were Garamond and Helvetica, in January 2014; this month, they added Bodoni, Times New Roman and American Typewriter. As one of the designers tells AdAge: “We kept looking at portraits of people wearing glasses and noticed that there is a certain tendency between their types of glasses and their avocations … And then one day we realized that glasses are actually very similar to fonts … Glasses express a personality the way a typeface expresses a message.”
The Latest Orbit Headlines
- 1-800 Contacts to Expand Into Rx Glasses with Acquisition
- Report: Luxottica-Essilor Deal to Get 'Unconditional' Approval in Europe
- Solar Eclipse Burns Crescent Shape Into Woman's Eye
- New Optometry School to Open Within 5 Years, Enroll 70 Students
- Eye Doctor Could Spend Decades in Prison for $100M Medicare Fraud