New frames? No, grazie.
Francis has left America, but his legend as the People’s Pope lingers, as with a tale of his eyeglasses reported by USA Today.
“Three weeks ago, when he needed new eyeglasses, he slipped out of the Vatican and popped into an optician's shop in Rome,” says the article, quoting him: "I don't want a whole new set of frames, just new lenses," the pontiff told Alessandro Spiezia, proprietor of the eyewear shop in Via del Babuino in the heart of the pricey Spanish Steps section of the Eternal City.”
The Latest Orbit Headlines
- Yet Another Reason to Make Your Kid Put Down the Smartphone and Go Play Outside
- With This Sculpture, New Eyecare Practice Will Be Impossible to Overlook
- Vision West's Support for Optometry Group Tops $12.4M
- ABB Optical Group Offers Free Scleral Lens Education
- Woman Claims She Was Blinded by Cosmetic Contact Lenses