New frames? No, grazie.
Francis has left America, but his legend as the People’s Pope lingers, as with a tale of his eyeglasses reported by USA Today.
“Three weeks ago, when he needed new eyeglasses, he slipped out of the Vatican and popped into an optician's shop in Rome,” says the article, quoting him: "I don't want a whole new set of frames, just new lenses," the pontiff told Alessandro Spiezia, proprietor of the eyewear shop in Via del Babuino in the heart of the pricey Spanish Steps section of the Eternal City.”
The Latest Orbit Headlines
- Most Small Businesses Would Have No Idea What to Do If Hacked
- This Works Better Than Patching to Treat Lazy Eye, Scientists Say
- Opticians Association of America to Hold Conference in February
- It’s Way Easier to Get a Small-Business Loan These Days — But There’s a Catch
- Cheap Sunglasses Need Warning Labels, Insurer Says