New frames? No, grazie.
Francis has left America, but his legend as the People’s Pope lingers, as with a tale of his eyeglasses reported by USA Today.
“Three weeks ago, when he needed new eyeglasses, he slipped out of the Vatican and popped into an optician's shop in Rome,” says the article, quoting him: "I don't want a whole new set of frames, just new lenses," the pontiff told Alessandro Spiezia, proprietor of the eyewear shop in Via del Babuino in the heart of the pricey Spanish Steps section of the Eternal City.”
The Latest Orbit Headlines
- CEO Named for LVMH-Marcolin Joint Venture
- Opternative Files Suit Against Warby Parker
- Gymnastics World Champion Shows Just How Cool Eyeglasses Can Be
- Essilor Announces New Achievement on Path to Luxottica Merger
- Time to Boost Eyecare Efforts Amid 'New Era of Blindness and Visual Impairment,' Group Says