Dr. Herbert Wertheim pledges $50 million to University of Florida.
The Miami optometrist who invented eyeglass tints that block UV rays has pledged $50 million to the University of Florida’s College of Engineering – the largest single gift in the school’s 105-year history. “I believe engineering is an important part of medicine,” said Dr. Herbert Wertheim, founder of the Miami-based company Brain Power Inc., which has amassed more than 100 patents.
The Latest Orbit Headlines
- Q&A: INVISION's Dee Carroll Talks About Eyewear Trends and the Buying Experience
- LVMH and Marcolin Are Planning a Major Deal, Report Says
- Bausch + Lomb Patent Was Violated, Court Finds
- Here's How Small-Business Owners Feel About Repealing Obamacare
- Luxottica-Essilor Deal Solves Key Issue for Founder