New Miami Beach Shop specializes in ‘50s-‘90s eyewear.
Miami Beach vintage-eyewear retailer Davon Ford was a collector first. "I'm just a kid from Baltimore who got a pair of Porsche's, and then became obsessed with sunglasses," says Ford, whose store, True Vintage Miami, opened last week. Ford’s stock is drawn from the 1950s through the early 1990s, and he displays 500 or so of them in a small space with “the look and feel of an art gallery, with a massive dotted eye mural disrupted by cubbies with frames on display.”
The Latest Orbit Headlines
- Report: Luxottica-Essilor Deal to Get 'Unconditional' Approval in Europe
- Solar Eclipse Burns Crescent Shape Into Woman's Eye
- New Optometry School to Open Within 5 Years, Enroll 70 Students
- Eye Doctor Could Spend Decades in Prison for $100M Medicare Fraud
- Optical Firm to Invest $27M in Distribution Center, Create 223 Jobs