Rate recently has decelerated to 10 percent a year, says MasterCard.
The growth rate for online sales seems to be slowing somewhat, according to MasterCard VP Sarah Quinlan. Speaking at a conference this week, Quinlan said that, “While Internet sales were gaining at rates of as much as 15 percent annually a few years ago, they have decelerated to below 10 percent growth more recently,” reports the Bergen Record. “And, Quinlan said, it is important to remember that online sales still make up only 6.3 percent of total retail sales, according to MasterCard statistics.”
The Latest Orbit Headlines
- Q&A: INVISION's Dee Carroll Talks About Eyewear Trends and the Buying Experience
- LVMH and Marcolin Are Planning a Major Deal, Report Says
- Bausch + Lomb Patent Was Violated, Court Finds
- Here's How Small-Business Owners Feel About Repealing Obamacare
- Luxottica-Essilor Deal Solves Key Issue for Founder