The surprise is what industry is at the top of the list.
The research folks at IBIS World have crunched the numbers and it turns out that optometry makes the list of industries with the best opportunities for women. Female employment growth in the business far outpaces growth for men – 9.4 percent vs. 1.1 percent overall – says the study, which ranks “Oil Drilling and Gas Extraction” in the top spot.
The Latest Orbit Headlines
- Most Small Businesses Would Have No Idea What to Do If Hacked
- This Works Better Than Patching to Treat Lazy Eye, Scientists Say
- Opticians Association of America to Hold Conference in February
- It’s Way Easier to Get a Small-Business Loan These Days — But There’s a Catch
- Cheap Sunglasses Need Warning Labels, Insurer Says