The surprise is what industry is at the top of the list.
The research folks at IBIS World have crunched the numbers and it turns out that optometry makes the list of industries with the best opportunities for women. Female employment growth in the business far outpaces growth for men – 9.4 percent vs. 1.1 percent overall – says the study, which ranks “Oil Drilling and Gas Extraction” in the top spot.
The Latest Orbit Headlines
- CEO Named for LVMH-Marcolin Joint Venture
- Opternative Files Suit Against Warby Parker
- Gymnastics World Champion Shows Just How Cool Eyeglasses Can Be
- Essilor Announces New Achievement on Path to Luxottica Merger
- Time to Boost Eyecare Efforts Amid 'New Era of Blindness and Visual Impairment,' Group Says