The surprise is what industry is at the top of the list.
The research folks at IBIS World have crunched the numbers and it turns out that optometry makes the list of industries with the best opportunities for women. Female employment growth in the business far outpaces growth for men – 9.4 percent vs. 1.1 percent overall – says the study, which ranks “Oil Drilling and Gas Extraction” in the top spot.
The Latest Orbit Headlines
- Q&A: INVISION's Dee Carroll Talks About Eyewear Trends and the Buying Experience
- LVMH and Marcolin Are Planning a Major Deal, Report Says
- Bausch + Lomb Patent Was Violated, Court Finds
- Here's How Small-Business Owners Feel About Repealing Obamacare
- Luxottica-Essilor Deal Solves Key Issue for Founder