500 new LensCrafters set to open in next three years.
Luxottica will open as many as 500 new LensCrafters outlets in Macy’s stores over the next three years, according to Reuters. The Italian eyewear giant already has its Sunglass Hut shops in 670 Macy’s locations. LensCrafters is set to be the exclusive optical retailer for Macy's, and will become the first optical retail chain to expand nationally within a major department store. The new partnership will result in its first concession in April 2016 — with the goal of opening around 100 new LensCrafters by the end of next year. Said Jeff Gennette, president of Macy's: "LensCrafters reinforces Macy's commitment to the health and wellness of our customers. Eye health is critical to everyone's personal well-being, and easy in-store access to LensCrafters optometrists, personalized service and fashionable product assortment dovetail well with Macy's strengths."
The Latest Orbit Headlines
- Most Small Businesses Would Have No Idea What to Do If Hacked
- This Works Better Than Patching to Treat Lazy Eye, Scientists Say
- Opticians Association of America to Hold Conference in February
- It’s Way Easier to Get a Small-Business Loan These Days — But There’s a Catch
- Cheap Sunglasses Need Warning Labels, Insurer Says