Sales could reach 50 percent more than just three years ago.
Online sales, which jumped 14 percent on Black Friday for a $2.72 billion day, will have an even bigger day today. Analysts expect online sales for this Cyber Monday to total $3 billion for the first time, a 12 percent increase from a year ago, and a whopping 50 percent sure from three years ago. "Nearly 80 percent of consumers we've surveyed still plan to shop on Cyber Monday," said a spokesman for the National Retail Federation, adding that the figure is closer to 90 percent among shoppers aged 18 to 34.
The Latest Orbit Headlines
- US Small Businesses Eye Expansion Despite Concerns About Economy
- National Sunglasses Day Is Almost Here
- The Stomach-Churning Truth About Counterfeit Contact Lenses
- Online Eye Tests 'Subvert Care,' AOA Says
- Varsity Healthcare Partners and Harvest Partners Announce Recapitalization of EyeCare Services Partners