After 18 years in remission, she is scheduled for a marrow transplant next month.
North Carolina eyewear retailer Becky Causey quickly summoned a positive attitude regarding the return of the lymphoma that had been in remission for 18 years. When doctors told her she had a 50 percent chance of survival with a bone-marrow transplant, she recalls, “I sat quietly for a few minutes and then I thought, ‘Oh, that cup’s half full.’” Causey, who has owned her designer eyewear shop, The View, in downtown Greensboro for 11 years, is scheduled for a marrow transplant next month. The donor is her sister.
The Latest Orbit Headlines
- Marchon Inks Licensing Deal with Longchamp
- Bausch & Lomb: Universal Pricing for Contacts Is Over
- Yet Another Reason to Make Your Kid Put Down the Smartphone and Go Play Outside
- With This Sculpture, New Eyecare Practice Will Be Impossible to Overlook
- Vision West's Support for Optometry Group Tops $12.4M