After 18 years in remission, she is scheduled for a marrow transplant next month.
North Carolina eyewear retailer Becky Causey quickly summoned a positive attitude regarding the return of the lymphoma that had been in remission for 18 years. When doctors told her she had a 50 percent chance of survival with a bone-marrow transplant, she recalls, “I sat quietly for a few minutes and then I thought, ‘Oh, that cup’s half full.’” Causey, who has owned her designer eyewear shop, The View, in downtown Greensboro for 11 years, is scheduled for a marrow transplant next month. The donor is her sister.
The Latest Orbit Headlines
- Most Small Businesses Would Have No Idea What to Do If Hacked
- This Works Better Than Patching to Treat Lazy Eye, Scientists Say
- Opticians Association of America to Hold Conference in February
- It’s Way Easier to Get a Small-Business Loan These Days — But There’s a Catch
- Cheap Sunglasses Need Warning Labels, Insurer Says