Electrodes in her eye convey visual information.
A Colorado woman who lost her eyesight at 20 to retinitis pigmentosa received a bionic eye last month, and was able to see her son for the first time in 15 years. After a surgeon implanted 60 electrodes in her right eye, which send visual information to her brain, she says, “It’s contrast, I’m seeing white on black or I can invert it to black on white … it’s a new way of seeing.”
The Latest Orbit Headlines
- Marchon Inks Licensing Deal with Longchamp
- Bausch & Lomb: Universal Pricing for Contacts Is Over
- Yet Another Reason to Make Your Kid Put Down the Smartphone and Go Play Outside
- With This Sculpture, New Eyecare Practice Will Be Impossible to Overlook
- Vision West's Support for Optometry Group Tops $12.4M