Electrodes in her eye convey visual information.
A Colorado woman who lost her eyesight at 20 to retinitis pigmentosa received a bionic eye last month, and was able to see her son for the first time in 15 years. After a surgeon implanted 60 electrodes in her right eye, which send visual information to her brain, she says, “It’s contrast, I’m seeing white on black or I can invert it to black on white … it’s a new way of seeing.”
The Latest Orbit Headlines
- Most Small Businesses Would Have No Idea What to Do If Hacked
- This Works Better Than Patching to Treat Lazy Eye, Scientists Say
- Opticians Association of America to Hold Conference in February
- It’s Way Easier to Get a Small-Business Loan These Days — But There’s a Catch
- Cheap Sunglasses Need Warning Labels, Insurer Says