Three young entrepreneurs go from Kickstarter to launch in 90 days.
Three young Asian-American graduates of Georgetown University are harkening back to their ethic roots with a line of sunglasses constructed of bamboo. Their Panda line jumped in only three months from being a project seeking funding on Kickstarter to a successful launch by the Nordstrom’s chain and several boutiques, where the glasses are available at $120 in 25 models and a range of colors and stylistic elements. One practical appeal is that bamboo floats on water. “So if you’re in the pool or at the beach, you’ll never lose your sunglasses,” says one of Panda’s founders. The company has partnered with the TOMA Foundation to donate a share of its profits to the purchase of medical supplies and equipment in under-developed localities around the world.
The Latest Orbit Headlines
- CEO Named for LVMH-Marcolin Joint Venture
- Opternative Files Suit Against Warby Parker
- Gymnastics World Champion Shows Just How Cool Eyeglasses Can Be
- Essilor Announces New Achievement on Path to Luxottica Merger
- Time to Boost Eyecare Efforts Amid 'New Era of Blindness and Visual Impairment,' Group Says