But health columnist can’t find supporting evidence.
Add another possible benefit to wearing sunglasses. Writing to a health-advice columnist in the Houston Chronicle, an individual who describes himself as having suffered from recurring cold sores for years¨ says that “my ophthalmologist informed me that the herpes virus is easily triggered by sunlight through the retina ….I began wearing dark sunglasses … to keep the sunlight from entering my retina and triggering an outbreak. It has made a world of difference.” The columnist replies that “We have been unable to find any studies supporting the use of dark sunglasses to prevent cold-sore recurrence, but we're glad to learn how well it works for you.”
The Latest Orbit Headlines
- Q&A: INVISION's Dee Carroll Talks About Eyewear Trends and the Buying Experience
- LVMH and Marcolin Are Planning a Major Deal, Report Says
- Bausch + Lomb Patent Was Violated, Court Finds
- Here's How Small-Business Owners Feel About Repealing Obamacare
- Luxottica-Essilor Deal Solves Key Issue for Founder