Legislation advances in Arizona and Louisiana.
Two more states are considering legislation that would broaden the scope of practice for optometrists. In Louisiana, two bills approved by legislative committees would allow optometrists to perform several laser procedures, and to remove eyelid lumps. In Arizona, the state legislature approved a bill that would allow optometrists to prescribe oral glaucoma medication.
The Latest Orbit Headlines
- Q&A: INVISION's Dee Carroll Talks About Eyewear Trends and the Buying Experience
- LVMH and Marcolin Are Planning a Major Deal, Report Says
- Bausch + Lomb Patent Was Violated, Court Finds
- Here's How Small-Business Owners Feel About Repealing Obamacare
- Luxottica-Essilor Deal Solves Key Issue for Founder