Legislation advances in Arizona and Louisiana.
Two more states are considering legislation that would broaden the scope of practice for optometrists. In Louisiana, two bills approved by legislative committees would allow optometrists to perform several laser procedures, and to remove eyelid lumps. In Arizona, the state legislature approved a bill that would allow optometrists to prescribe oral glaucoma medication.
The Latest Orbit Headlines
- Most Small Businesses Would Have No Idea What to Do If Hacked
- This Works Better Than Patching to Treat Lazy Eye, Scientists Say
- Opticians Association of America to Hold Conference in February
- It’s Way Easier to Get a Small-Business Loan These Days — But There’s a Catch
- Cheap Sunglasses Need Warning Labels, Insurer Says