New technologies are opening up a world of loss-prevention possibilities.
In an effort to improve the customer experience while preventing theft of high-risk items, drugstore chain Rite Aid has been working with a loss-prevention firm to implement a number of tools that would accomplish those goals, as the National Retail Federation details. The report, for example, explains how Rite Aid has begun making use of motion-activated public view monitors, which allow customers to see themselves and know they’re in view of store employees. The results thus far have been promising.
The Latest Orbit Headlines
- US Small Businesses Eye Expansion Despite Concerns About Economy
- National Sunglasses Day Is Almost Here
- The Stomach-Churning Truth About Counterfeit Contact Lenses
- Online Eye Tests 'Subvert Care,' AOA Says
- Varsity Healthcare Partners and Harvest Partners Announce Recapitalization of EyeCare Services Partners