The answer is yes … And no.
No doubt, “smartphone optometry” is an emerging trend in the eyecare industry that is raising questions about how it might change the profession. Industry website Optician poses one such question to Peter Black of the Association of British Dispensing Opticians, asking: Should eyecare pros encourage patients to “self-test” their eyes with tools on the internet? While Black says that the use of technology should be encouraged, he attaches a caveat.Optician also explores some other important issues that industry folks should consider in the year ahead.
The Latest Orbit Headlines
- Most Small Businesses Would Have No Idea What to Do If Hacked
- This Works Better Than Patching to Treat Lazy Eye, Scientists Say
- Opticians Association of America to Hold Conference in February
- It’s Way Easier to Get a Small-Business Loan These Days — But There’s a Catch
- Cheap Sunglasses Need Warning Labels, Insurer Says