The answer is yes … And no.
No doubt, “smartphone optometry” is an emerging trend in the eyecare industry that is raising questions about how it might change the profession. Industry website Optician poses one such question to Peter Black of the Association of British Dispensing Opticians, asking: Should eyecare pros encourage patients to “self-test” their eyes with tools on the internet? While Black says that the use of technology should be encouraged, he attaches a caveat.Optician also explores some other important issues that industry folks should consider in the year ahead.
The Latest Orbit Headlines
- Marchon Inks Licensing Deal with Longchamp
- Bausch & Lomb: Universal Pricing for Contacts Is Over
- Yet Another Reason to Make Your Kid Put Down the Smartphone and Go Play Outside
- With This Sculpture, New Eyecare Practice Will Be Impossible to Overlook
- Vision West's Support for Optometry Group Tops $12.4M