The founder has national ambitions.
From Beyoncé to Kate Hudson to Hollywood “it” models, A-list celebrities are seeking out southern eyewear brand Krewe du Optic, which Observer writes is gaining national traction. Stirling Barrett, founder of the New Orleans-based brand, spoke with Observer about how he’s using his photography background to craft handmade sunglasses that pay tribute to “The Big Easy.” And as you’d expect from a professional photographer, he runs a nifty Instagram account that features celebrity fashion model Gigi Hadid, pictured here. The brand will be expanding into “selective department stores” this year, the report adds.
The Latest Orbit Headlines
- CEO Named for LVMH-Marcolin Joint Venture
- Opternative Files Suit Against Warby Parker
- Gymnastics World Champion Shows Just How Cool Eyeglasses Can Be
- Essilor Announces New Achievement on Path to Luxottica Merger
- Time to Boost Eyecare Efforts Amid 'New Era of Blindness and Visual Impairment,' Group Says