He’s campaigning on a three-pronged platform.
Carl Newton, an optometrist who runs his own practice in Cherokee, OK, announced that he will run for a seat in his state’s House of Representatives as a Republican, according to EnidNews.com. The report says he’ll campaign on three main issues: a looming budget shortfall, roads and bridges, and prison reform. When asked why he wants to run for political office, he replied: "I've been caring for people up here, taking care of their eyes for years — the office motto is 'we take care of people, not just people's eyes.”
The Latest Orbit Headlines
- WestGroupe USA Names Sales Director for Central Region
- Eyewear Firm Claims Infringement by Christian Dior, Céline, LVMH
- Women Wearing Color Contacts Feel Happier, More Attractive, Study Finds
- Bausch & Lomb Should Stop Making Certain Claims, Ad Monitor Says
- Eye Health Group Named One of 7 'Top Charities'