The Walmart and Macy’s store closings may be foreboding.
In a quarterly-earnings call last week cited by Business Insider, Starbucks CEO Howard Schultz intimated that the recent Walmart and Macy’s store closings point to a larger consumer trend in the retail industry. In the context of those store closings, he spoke about consumers’ waning taste for brick and mortar. "I think we said three years ago publicly that we began to envision that there would be a seismic change in consumer behavior, and that seismic change was due in large part to e-commerce and smartphone shopping," Schultz says.
The Latest Orbit Headlines
- CEO Named for LVMH-Marcolin Joint Venture
- Opternative Files Suit Against Warby Parker
- Gymnastics World Champion Shows Just How Cool Eyeglasses Can Be
- Essilor Announces New Achievement on Path to Luxottica Merger
- Time to Boost Eyecare Efforts Amid 'New Era of Blindness and Visual Impairment,' Group Says