The tech giant officially ends consumer marketing for its smart eyewear.
The Google Glass social media accounts on Twitter, Google+ and Instagram have been shut down, 9to5Google writes. It’s been known for a while that the company was shifting its strategy for Glass, deciding to eschew the consumer market in favor of making the latest version of its eyewear – called “Enterprise Edition” – more appealing to the business segment. The article says that Glass is now being managed by Google’s Project Aura team, which is working on two other screenless head-mounted devices.
The Latest Orbit Headlines
- WestGroupe USA Names Sales Director for Central Region
- Eyewear Firm Claims Infringement by Christian Dior, Céline, LVMH
- Women Wearing Color Contacts Feel Happier, More Attractive, Study Finds
- Bausch & Lomb Should Stop Making Certain Claims, Ad Monitor Says
- Eye Health Group Named One of 7 'Top Charities'