The company says Valeant would cut back on research.
Reports say that Botox-maker Allergan this week will reject the $46 billion take-over offer from rival Valeant Pharmaceuticals, which recently acquired Bausch & Lomb, setting the stage for what the Financial Times calls “a hostile takeover battle at the top of the US drugmaking industry.” Allergan is expected to raise concerns that Valeant would cut research and development as a reason for refusing the offer. The acquisition would create the pre-eminent global powerhouse in the eyecare industry.
The Latest Orbit Headlines
- Eye Doctor Could Spend Decades in Prison for $100M Medicare Fraud
- Optical Firm to Invest $27M in Distribution Center, Create 223 Jobs
- University Considers Adding Optometry Program
- Competitor Drops Challenge to Kering Eyewear's 'Made in Italy' Labeling
- A Common Food Could Protect Against Key Cause of Vision Loss