An implantable mobile device in your head, anyone?
Citing experts who predict that humans will experience more changes in the next 20 years than they have in all of history, The Economic Times compiled a list of seven mind-blowing technologies that may come to fruition in the not-too-distant future. Included among them are digital contact lenses that “will be like any regular pair of contact lenses, except they are equipped with technologies like tiny lasers and micromirrors, which project 3D quality images onto your retina.” Other innovations include implantable mobile devices in our heads, exoskeletons (like cockroaches have!), and artificial personal assistants that “will know the very intimate details of our very lives.” Very interesting. Very scary.
The Latest Orbit Headlines
- Q&A: INVISION's Dee Carroll Talks About Eyewear Trends and the Buying Experience
- LVMH and Marcolin Are Planning a Major Deal, Report Says
- Bausch + Lomb Patent Was Violated, Court Finds
- Here's How Small-Business Owners Feel About Repealing Obamacare
- Luxottica-Essilor Deal Solves Key Issue for Founder