Local artist is selling his glasses far and wide.
A Detroit Artist is catching more than his hometown’s fancy with a line of sunglasses constructed of wood reclaimed from the city’s many abandoned houses. Achille Bianchi reports that orders are coming in from Nevada, Philadelphia and elsewhere for his Ray-Ban-ish “Homes Eyewear,” each style named after the Detroit street from which their material was salvaged. They are engraved with the address of the home they came from, along with the words, “Handcrafted in Detroit.”
The Latest Orbit Headlines
- Yet Another Reason to Make Your Kid Put Down the Smartphone and Go Play Outside
- With This Sculpture, New Eyecare Practice Will Be Impossible to Overlook
- Vision West's Support for Optometry Group Tops $12.4M
- ABB Optical Group Offers Free Scleral Lens Education
- Woman Claims She Was Blinded by Cosmetic Contact Lenses