Local artist is selling his glasses far and wide.
A Detroit Artist is catching more than his hometown’s fancy with a line of sunglasses constructed of wood reclaimed from the city’s many abandoned houses. Achille Bianchi reports that orders are coming in from Nevada, Philadelphia and elsewhere for his Ray-Ban-ish “Homes Eyewear,” each style named after the Detroit street from which their material was salvaged. They are engraved with the address of the home they came from, along with the words, “Handcrafted in Detroit.”
The Latest Orbit Headlines
- Most Small Businesses Would Have No Idea What to Do If Hacked
- This Works Better Than Patching to Treat Lazy Eye, Scientists Say
- Opticians Association of America to Hold Conference in February
- It’s Way Easier to Get a Small-Business Loan These Days — But There’s a Catch
- Cheap Sunglasses Need Warning Labels, Insurer Says