Local artist is selling his glasses far and wide.
A Detroit Artist is catching more than his hometown’s fancy with a line of sunglasses constructed of wood reclaimed from the city’s many abandoned houses. Achille Bianchi reports that orders are coming in from Nevada, Philadelphia and elsewhere for his Ray-Ban-ish “Homes Eyewear,” each style named after the Detroit street from which their material was salvaged. They are engraved with the address of the home they came from, along with the words, “Handcrafted in Detroit.”
The Latest Orbit Headlines
- CEO Named for LVMH-Marcolin Joint Venture
- Opternative Files Suit Against Warby Parker
- Gymnastics World Champion Shows Just How Cool Eyeglasses Can Be
- Essilor Announces New Achievement on Path to Luxottica Merger
- Time to Boost Eyecare Efforts Amid 'New Era of Blindness and Visual Impairment,' Group Says