It’s something to ponder in light of a new trend in retail.
Changing consumer tastes are prompting retailers to consider new ways they can appeal to modern shoppers. Chain Store Age magazine explored five trends in retail that have emerged in response to those changing tastes, including the concept of “rental retail.” According to the magazine, there’s a growing desire among shoppers – and millennials, in particular – to simply rent products like fitness equipment, electronics and even clothing. So, might boutique owners consider asking themselves: Should I rent frames to my customers? If so, what would that look like? As a starting point, consider the business model of Ditto, which offers a sunglasses rental plan at $24 per month and a prescription glasses rental plan at $34 per month.
The Latest Orbit Headlines
- Most Small Businesses Would Have No Idea What to Do If Hacked
- This Works Better Than Patching to Treat Lazy Eye, Scientists Say
- Opticians Association of America to Hold Conference in February
- It’s Way Easier to Get a Small-Business Loan These Days — But There’s a Catch
- Cheap Sunglasses Need Warning Labels, Insurer Says