Two people arrested for importing the fake eyewear from China.
Police in Thailand seized almost 900,000 counterfeit sunglasses from a warehouse where they arrested two men who allegedly imported the eyewear from China, according to Fox News. The report says that the police also found fake stamps, stickers and labels which were then applied to the sunglasses “to make them seem as if they were brand-name goods” such as Ray-Ban, Oakley and Luis Vuitton. The police executed the raid in collaboration with the Thailand government’s Intellectual Property Office, which is trying to crack down on counterfeiting operations in the country.
The Latest Orbit Headlines
- 1-800 Contacts to Expand Into Rx Glasses with Acquisition
- Report: Luxottica-Essilor Deal to Get 'Unconditional' Approval in Europe
- Solar Eclipse Burns Crescent Shape Into Woman's Eye
- New Optometry School to Open Within 5 Years, Enroll 70 Students
- Eye Doctor Could Spend Decades in Prison for $100M Medicare Fraud