Two people arrested for importing the fake eyewear from China.
Police in Thailand seized almost 900,000 counterfeit sunglasses from a warehouse where they arrested two men who allegedly imported the eyewear from China, according to Fox News. The report says that the police also found fake stamps, stickers and labels which were then applied to the sunglasses “to make them seem as if they were brand-name goods” such as Ray-Ban, Oakley and Luis Vuitton. The police executed the raid in collaboration with the Thailand government’s Intellectual Property Office, which is trying to crack down on counterfeiting operations in the country.
The Latest Orbit Headlines
- Most Small Businesses Would Have No Idea What to Do If Hacked
- This Works Better Than Patching to Treat Lazy Eye, Scientists Say
- Opticians Association of America to Hold Conference in February
- It’s Way Easier to Get a Small-Business Loan These Days — But There’s a Catch
- Cheap Sunglasses Need Warning Labels, Insurer Says