Wildly colorful eyewear was inspired by traditional Sicilian donkey carts.
Italian sunwear brand Dolce & Gabanna will soon launch the Sicilian Caretto collection, which is comprised of a numbered, limited edition range of 100 sunglasses made, The Moodie Report writes. The article says the eyewear is “crafted from Canaletto walnut and features a painted relief design on the front of the frames,” with colors applied by hand. Luxottica, parent company of the brand, says that no two frames are alike “since the decorator’s hand renders each model ‘completely unique.’” The collection, which includes other sunglasses and optical glasses, will launch in April.
The Latest Orbit Headlines
- 1-800 Contacts to Expand Into Rx Glasses with Acquisition
- Report: Luxottica-Essilor Deal to Get 'Unconditional' Approval in Europe
- Solar Eclipse Burns Crescent Shape Into Woman's Eye
- New Optometry School to Open Within 5 Years, Enroll 70 Students
- Eye Doctor Could Spend Decades in Prison for $100M Medicare Fraud