Wildly colorful eyewear was inspired by traditional Sicilian donkey carts.
Italian sunwear brand Dolce & Gabanna will soon launch the Sicilian Caretto collection, which is comprised of a numbered, limited edition range of 100 sunglasses made, The Moodie Report writes. The article says the eyewear is “crafted from Canaletto walnut and features a painted relief design on the front of the frames,” with colors applied by hand. Luxottica, parent company of the brand, says that no two frames are alike “since the decorator’s hand renders each model ‘completely unique.’” The collection, which includes other sunglasses and optical glasses, will launch in April.
The Latest Orbit Headlines
- Q&A: INVISION's Dee Carroll Talks About Eyewear Trends and the Buying Experience
- LVMH and Marcolin Are Planning a Major Deal, Report Says
- Bausch + Lomb Patent Was Violated, Court Finds
- Here's How Small-Business Owners Feel About Repealing Obamacare
- Luxottica-Essilor Deal Solves Key Issue for Founder