ODs can now use local anesthesia.
The Tennessee legislature has passed a bill allowing optometrists to use local anesthesia when removing lesions such as cysts and sties from a patient’s eyelid. Following protracted opposition from ophthalmologists, the bill was approved by a wide margin — 28-4 in the Senate and 86-2 in the House — and the governor signed it into law.
The Latest Orbit Headlines
- Women Wearing Color Contacts Feel Happier, More Attractive, Study Finds
- Bausch & Lomb Should Stop Making Certain Claims, Ad Monitor Says
- Eye Health Group Named One of 7 'Top Charities'
- Eyecare Software Firm Gets $45M from Investors
- Man Loses an Eye in Cautionary Tale for Patients with Contact Lenses