ODs can now use local anesthesia.
The Tennessee legislature has passed a bill allowing optometrists to use local anesthesia when removing lesions such as cysts and sties from a patient’s eyelid. Following protracted opposition from ophthalmologists, the bill was approved by a wide margin — 28-4 in the Senate and 86-2 in the House — and the governor signed it into law.
The Latest Orbit Headlines
- US Small Businesses Eye Expansion Despite Concerns About Economy
- National Sunglasses Day Is Almost Here
- The Stomach-Churning Truth About Counterfeit Contact Lenses
- Online Eye Tests 'Subvert Care,' AOA Says
- Varsity Healthcare Partners and Harvest Partners Announce Recapitalization of EyeCare Services Partners