Laser-assisted cataract surgery, dry eye tech among them.
Clark Chang, the director of the Contact Lens division at The Cornea and Laser Eye Institute-Hersh Vision Group in New Jersey, spoke at the recent SECO 2016 educational conference in Atlanta to discuss the top innovations that are changing eyecare, according to the Optometry Times. Among five such innovations, the article highlights his thoughts on femtosecond laser-assisted cataract surgery, crediting it for being more predictable and precise and thus having more reproducible outcomes. “If a surgeon thinks that automated instruments are going to replace optometrists, I’m going to tell them that lasers are going to replace them – so I’m not afraid,” says Dr. Chang.
The Latest Orbit Headlines
- US Small Businesses Eye Expansion Despite Concerns About Economy
- National Sunglasses Day Is Almost Here
- The Stomach-Churning Truth About Counterfeit Contact Lenses
- Online Eye Tests 'Subvert Care,' AOA Says
- Varsity Healthcare Partners and Harvest Partners Announce Recapitalization of EyeCare Services Partners