New invention tricks the eyes with beams of light.
Perhaps promoted by Google Glass, young techies have embraced the add-on possibilities of eyeglasses, devising products that offer a variety of benefits beyond improved vision. A student at Drexel University in Philadelphia, for example, is getting attention for her sunglasses design in which simulated sunlight is beamed into the wearer's peripheral vision. Anyone who suffers from SAD, the creator says, will be "tricked" into thinking it's summer — even in the middle of a dreary February night in the northern woods of Wisconsin.
The Latest Orbit Headlines
- CEO Named for LVMH-Marcolin Joint Venture
- Opternative Files Suit Against Warby Parker
- Gymnastics World Champion Shows Just How Cool Eyeglasses Can Be
- Essilor Announces New Achievement on Path to Luxottica Merger
- Time to Boost Eyecare Efforts Amid 'New Era of Blindness and Visual Impairment,' Group Says