Frames spotlight artist’s creation on the inside of the frame.
Classis Specs, a New York-based eyewear maker, has collaborated with three artists to create a limited edition collection of glasses and sunglasses that feature their individual creations on the inside of the frames.
French graphic designer Jean Jullien – inspired by the French saying, “serpent à lunettes” meaning “snake with glasses” – created the “Venom” eyewear that features an orange snake spanning the inner temple. Tim Lahan, a Philadelphia-based illustrator who’s influenced by visual cues in everyday life, created clear acetate and metal “Three-Way” frames that deconstruct the innards of the glasses themselves. Pop art-leaning Italian artist Margherita Urbani created a collection of “Cityscape” eyewear and sunwear featuring illustrations of an urban landscape.
The Artist Collaboration Series is available at Brooklyn Denim in New York, Azalea in San Francisco, and Junk Food Clothing in Los Angeles, as well as online at classicspecs.com.
The Latest Orbit Headlines
- US Small Businesses Eye Expansion Despite Concerns About Economy
- National Sunglasses Day Is Almost Here
- The Stomach-Churning Truth About Counterfeit Contact Lenses
- Online Eye Tests 'Subvert Care,' AOA Says
- Varsity Healthcare Partners and Harvest Partners Announce Recapitalization of EyeCare Services Partners