Sticking to your frame budget is key, she says.
Writing for the Daily Optician, Dee Henigan conveys her enthusiasm for managing her frame boards and creating “theatrical sets” for each section and designer. The most important thing, she says, is staying within her frame budget to ensure profitability. Though she admits to “yearning to fly away on a spending spree,” she resists the temptation by “keeping a strict number of frames per vendor and designer that are appropriate for the size of my display boards. I keep the calculator in my hand as I peruse the new frames with the reps. I am strict with myself and stand by the magic number for that designer. Because if I don’t before I know it I have ordered 100 new frames when I really only needed, and more importantly, have room for 30.”
The Latest Orbit Headlines
- CEO Named for LVMH-Marcolin Joint Venture
- Opternative Files Suit Against Warby Parker
- Gymnastics World Champion Shows Just How Cool Eyeglasses Can Be
- Essilor Announces New Achievement on Path to Luxottica Merger
- Time to Boost Eyecare Efforts Amid 'New Era of Blindness and Visual Impairment,' Group Says