She allegedly pocketed increasing amounts of money over six years.
Twyla Kay Bucholz, who served as the bookkeeper at Morrison Eye Care in Fargo, ND for 20 years, has been charged with felony theft after she was accused of stealing more than $60,000 from the practice since 2011, InForum reports. The article says that after the owners hired a consultant to evaluate the practice, it was recommended that Bucholz change her job description, which she wasn’t willing to do and subsequently left her position on April 1. That’s when the owners reviewed financial records and found that bank deposits for the last six years were short, as Bucholz allegedly took increasing amounts of money, including more than $32,000 last year.
The Latest Orbit Headlines
- New Optometry School to Open Within 5 Years, Enroll 70 Students
- Eye Doctor Could Spend Decades in Prison for $100M Medicare Fraud
- Optical Firm to Invest $27M in Distribution Center, Create 223 Jobs
- University Considers Adding Optometry Program
- Competitor Drops Challenge to Kering Eyewear's 'Made in Italy' Labeling