The price point comes in just shy of $4,000.
Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen – the former Full House starlets who founded designer label The Row – have collaborated with eyewear brand Oliver Peoples to create a mini-collection that includes a pair of 18-karat gold aviator sunglasses, The Wall Street Journal writes. The article says that just 24 pairs were made for sale, with each carrying a retail price of $3,950. (For thriftier shoppers, there’s a titanium version priced at $450.)
As the article explains, the Olsen twins put their own twist on this classic frame style. “The lenses have been shortened so they don’t droop down as low as the standard aviators’, an uplifting effect underscored by the graceful swoop of the top bar, which arcs gently rather than cutting straight across the face. Offsetting the curves are the horizontal lines etched along the temple bars, a chic modern touch.”
The Latest Orbit Headlines
- Women Wearing Color Contacts Feel Happier, More Attractive, Study Finds
- Bausch & Lomb Should Stop Making Certain Claims, Ad Monitor Says
- Eye Health Group Named One of 7 'Top Charities'
- Eyecare Software Firm Gets $45M from Investors
- Man Loses an Eye in Cautionary Tale for Patients with Contact Lenses