Its strategy blends an e-commerce platform with wholesale.
Eponym – an eyewear startup that holds licenses for Steven Alan Optical and other niche brands – hopes to become an alternative to Luxottica, founder Andrew Lipovsky tells Fashionista. The article says that the company focuses on its e-commerce platform through which it sells directly to the consumer, though it also does 10-30 percent of its business through wholesale, which Lipovsky essentially views as marketing. “The reason we love digital so much is the feedback loop is so quick that we’re actively spending money to build a brand’s business on a website that we run for them. It means if something works, then we can double down on it tomorrow.”
The Latest Orbit Headlines
- 1-800 Contacts to Expand Into Rx Glasses with Acquisition
- Report: Luxottica-Essilor Deal to Get 'Unconditional' Approval in Europe
- Solar Eclipse Burns Crescent Shape Into Woman's Eye
- New Optometry School to Open Within 5 Years, Enroll 70 Students
- Eye Doctor Could Spend Decades in Prison for $100M Medicare Fraud