Oakland Infielder Eric Sogard tells kids how glasses changed his life – and his Game.
Oakland Athletics infielder Eric Sogard carried the message of good vision last week to an elementary school in the team’s hometown. "I want kids to know that even if they wear glasses, they can still play sports, get outside, be engaged,” said Sogard. “They don't have to feel weird." One of the few professional sportsmen to wear glasses, Sogard has embraced the “nerd” title given him by sports writers for his conspicuous horn rims, and extended it to a “nerd power” movement dedicated to getting glasses to kids who need them.
The Latest Orbit Headlines
- Most Small Businesses Would Have No Idea What to Do If Hacked
- This Works Better Than Patching to Treat Lazy Eye, Scientists Say
- Opticians Association of America to Hold Conference in February
- It’s Way Easier to Get a Small-Business Loan These Days — But There’s a Catch
- Cheap Sunglasses Need Warning Labels, Insurer Says