Oakland Infielder Eric Sogard tells kids how glasses changed his life – and his Game.
Oakland Athletics infielder Eric Sogard carried the message of good vision last week to an elementary school in the team’s hometown. "I want kids to know that even if they wear glasses, they can still play sports, get outside, be engaged,” said Sogard. “They don't have to feel weird." One of the few professional sportsmen to wear glasses, Sogard has embraced the “nerd” title given him by sports writers for his conspicuous horn rims, and extended it to a “nerd power” movement dedicated to getting glasses to kids who need them.
The Latest Orbit Headlines
- Yet Another Reason to Make Your Kid Put Down the Smartphone and Go Play Outside
- With This Sculpture, New Eyecare Practice Will Be Impossible to Overlook
- Vision West's Support for Optometry Group Tops $12.4M
- ABB Optical Group Offers Free Scleral Lens Education
- Woman Claims She Was Blinded by Cosmetic Contact Lenses